Followers

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

RIP Halloween Card

Well it is close to the night of  Halloween and all sorts of costumed  young ones yelling  'trick or treat'  will be soon be upon us. I remember when my son was younger  the young kids on the street would suddenly appear  all dressed and clutching their treat bags at around 5:00PM. The once quiet street would suddenly become a beehive of activity and then around 8:00 PM stillness would once again descent as all the little ones would be home and excitingly going through their bags.. Older children would trickle in till around 9:00, and then it would be over.Lots of activities went on after that I know,but for us it was a done deal, although we would occasionally have to wipe an egg or two off a car window or something like that, but it was all very tame on our street. As the years went on less and less children  would appear and  now I get less than  half the amount at my door.Times change and so does the culture, parents seem afraid to let their children go door to door and have parties instead. The mall has become very popular too. Hope you like my 'spooky' Halloween card!

Card details:
Stamp: QKR Stampede digital image 
Colour Medium: Prismalcolor Markers
Die Cuts: Memory Box Bare Branch; Cuttlebug 'Creepy';  Spellbinders Nestablilities ovals and scalloped ovals
 Card type: center step

Won a Top 5 Placement Eureka Stamps
Won  a Top Three Placement at Going Grey with Scrap Creations

Challenges:
1. Die Cutting Divas: #138 Halloween
2. Going Grey with Scrape Creations: Halloween
3. Oldie but a Goodie: Spooky - bats and spiders were die cut out last October and used this October
4. Shopping our Stash: #124 Halloween or orange and black 

26 comments:

  1. ahahaha....I love your spooky card...that image is a keeper!

    The orange branches from MB were a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those spiders and bats that embellish your card. I love the image you have chosen and the colouring brings it to life so to speak! Thanks for joining in at Crafty Boots Challenges this time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome halloween card, no matter how much black and orange you see during this time of the year, I still love them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome halloween card, no matter how much black and orange you see during this time of the year, I still love them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Glenda its a fabulous card. I love the image its a perfect Halloween one, your bats and spiders and webs all look fantastic! Halloween is just starting to get really popular here. We still don't get many Trick or Treaters probably no more than a dozen and the parents walk around with them. I always decorate for Halloween, love it! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card Glenda with amazing colouring! Love those spooky die cuts. Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just gorgeous,love it...Fab image.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great Halloween card. I love the shape and your spooky image, fab embellishments too.

    Thank you for sharing your work with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

    Dionne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great Halloween card. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown for this challenge.
    Margaret, DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an awesome awesome card....love every spooky inch of it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. As spooky goes this is terrific. I really like your attention to detail. Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a fun card Glenda...my son would love that smiling skull!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fab, thank you for joining us over at Kaboodle Doodles this week xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great Halloween Card, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a fabulous Halloween card Glenda, love the die cuts. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a fun and frightening Halloween card!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Glenda, what a fabulous Halloween card, Scary and such fun all in one. Love the black and orange too.
    I agree, Halloween isn't what it used to be. I hardly get anyone now, sad.

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  18. I LOVE this card! All your embellishments are so perfect and I love your coloring. Well, we were the only ones on my block to decorate. My girls love to be festive. I don't know what's up with the other families. You're right, times change :(

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very scary indeed lol. Love the striking colours.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love all your spooky details! Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  21. OOO, I'm a bit creeped out by the spiders. :) Thanks for joining us at Eureka Stamps this week!
    Blessings,
    Zella - Eureka DT

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great card Glenda, I love the image! You did an awesome job with all the embellishments you added... it's very spooky!
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  23. Very spooky ~ I love it!!

    Thanks for joining us at Eureka Stamps this week.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Really spooky! Love how you have colored this simple image. I would like to thank you for entering my ‘C… is for challenge’ blog and I wish you good luck in the draw.
    Hugs,
    Anna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fantastic Halloween card, Glenda! Love your outstanding design... Great fold and wonderful embellishments~!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Nice job with the Prisma markers! Glad you joined us at TT..good luck,

    Bev DT

    ReplyDelete